Travis Pastrana Richmond Race Report
Travis Pastrana, No. 99 Boost Mobile Toyota Nationwide Series Recap
No. 99 Boost Mobile Toyota driver Travis Pastrana finished 22nd in his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut Friday at Richmond International Raceway. The 11-time X Games gold medal winner qualified 25th and raced as high as 16th during the 250-lap event. Despite falling a lap behind the leaders at the lap 180-mark, the RAB Racing driver looked poised to grab a top-15 finish. However, a pit lane speeding penalty during the race’s final stop forced a return to pit lane and dropped him another lap to the leaders. Pastrana returns to action in No. 99 Boost Mobile Toyota at Darlington Speedway on May 11.
• Pastrana started the race 25th and finished 22nd
• Raced on the lead lap for the first 180 laps
• Received a speeding penalty on the final pit stop of the night
• Crew worked through the race to prefect the car’s handling
• Kurt Busch won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Richmond
PASTRANA: How did you feel during the race?
“Honestly, the result wasn’t what we wanted, but to be perfectly honest -- I felt pretty good out there. You know we weren’t a top-10 car, but for a while we were closing in on what could have been a top-15 before I messed up the pits. But, first time for a stop-and-go pit. I felt really good. We passed (Brad) Keselowski at one point and I was like, ‘That’s awesome.’
Was it better than you expected?
“No. I think everybody envisions they’re going to do well. I was hoping -- I was optimistically thinking it was going to be around here -- hoping for better. I really thought we could get a top-20, but that was my mess-up in the pits. I learned a lot though. It felt good. I really trust the team. They did a good job. Pretty excited about it.”
Travis Pastrana, No. 99 iRacing K&N Pro Series East Recap
No. 99 iRacing Toyota driver Travis Pastrana started fourth and finished 23rd in Thursday night’s 103-lap NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race at Richmond International Speedway. The action sports star never raced outside the top six in the first 80 laps of the race. With just 20 laps remaining, Pastrana and Bryan Ortiz made contact sending both car spinning and bringing out the caution. The No. 99 iRacing Toyota returned to pit road for minor repairs and restarted 28th. Pastrana passed five cars in the closing laps to finish 23rd.
• Pastrana finished 23rd in Thursday night’s K&N Pro Series East race at Richmond
• Pastrana raced inside the top six for the first 80 laps of the race
• Pastrana and Bryan Ortiz made contact to bring out the caution with 20 laps left in
• The 28-year-old driver was forced to pit road to make minor adjustments and
restarted 28th with under 15 laps remaining
• Brett Moffit won the K&N Pro Series East race at Richmond
PASTRANA: “Overall it was a good race for us. I was able to qualify and race competitively pretty much the entire race. Bryan and I just raced each other way too hard. In hindsight, I should have just gave him the spot and tried to go underneath him. We are both rookie and still learning. I was pretty happy with how things went overall.”